ROMA Awards are all about rewarding and promoting the successful remodeling projects of the members of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities.
All of our awards are presented at one great event: The BIG Night in October. You'll be able to accept your award alongside all of our other big winners, in front of the entire BATC membership.
Trillium Awards for entry in partnership with Remodelers. As ROMA winning projects are awarded for quality and value, the Trillium Award will be given to all entered participating Associates in a ROMA winning project. Trillium entry information will be available this summer - Trillium entry deadline is August 25th.
- If a project fits more than one category, it can be entered into as many appropriate categories as you'd like, for a $100 entry fee per category.
- ROMA entries are judged using project price* as a key factor. Sub-categories will be developed using price and number of entries in each category. Judges will also consider project description, square footage and photos in their deliberations.
- Project must be complete and all materials ready for submission by June 16th deadline. No late materials may be submitted.
* Project price must include all materials, labor, change orders, subcontract costs, and other costs relating to the project, whether or not supplied by the contractor. The price must be a fair market value and not a discounted price offered to friends and family. The BATC Remodelers Council reserves the right to request supporting documentation to confirm the price of the job.
The ROMA entry process includes two deadlines.
- May 19, 2017 - Entry Commitments and Payment are due.
Entries are to be pre-registered and payment received ($100 per entry). General information needed to pre-register entries include: Project category, project price, homeowner's last name and project address, project city, project state and project zip. With your pre-registration confirmation will be links to access the online entry forms for each category.
Once the May 19th deadline has passed, sub-categories will be determined. There must be three entries per category or that category will be eliminated. Companies with an entry in any canceled category will be notified by May 26th, companies can substitute an entry or opt for a refund and must notify BATC by June 2nd.
- June 16, 2017 - All materials are due for entries (uploaded online: floor plans, photos, written descriptions).
Who is Eligible?
All remodelers in good standing with the Builders Association of the Twin Cities.
Which Projects are Eligible?
Any structural improvement project to home and surrounding property completed since January 1, 2014. Projects that have previously been submitted are not eligible.
There is a $100 fee for each entry per category.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions and Important Info before you get started.
- Click here for the Project Summary Template to use during preparation of your entry prior to uploading online.
- Click here for the Total House Project Summary Template to use during preparation of your entry prior to uploading online.
- Click here for a sample of the how the project entry will be presented to the judges
- Click here for a sample of the how total house project will be presented to the judges
You may enter more than one project in each category. Several categories which consistently have too few entries to judge fairly have been consolidated into other categories. Those are noted below. In the event of a surge of entries of a given project type, e.g. decks/porches, it can be reinstated as a separate judging category.
Enlarging a house by adding a new, enclosed space such as a bedroom/bath wing, a family room, or an eating area. Second story includes all vertical construction above the first story. This includes dormers. Four season porches fall under additions.
Upload Addition entry here
Any remodeling project that encompasses the bath such as adding a bath, replacing old fixtures, resurfacing walls and floors, adding storage and counter space, enlarging the bath with bump-out or space from an adjoining room.
Upload Bathroom entry here
All improvements within the confines of an existing house excluding the kitchen, bathroom, home office or bedroom. Examples might be converting an unused attic into a family room, resurfacing walls and floors, adding architectural details such as alcoves or bays, dividing one large room into two, or removing partitions to combine small rooms into one large space.
Upload Interior entry here
Includes all entries that do not fit into other categories. For example detail components (fireplace, windows, etc.) commercial, decks/porches or patio/landscape.
Upload 'Special' entry here
Any kitchen remodeling project designed to improve traffic flow, storage aesthetics, and/or efficiency. Examples include installing new cabinets, counter or flooring, constructing an island, adding a planning center or an eating area.
Upload Kitchen entry here
Lower Level: (Basements)
Upload Lower Level entry here
Any remodeling project that involves three or more of the above divisions and must retain 20% of the original structure. Entry form will inquire if original foundation was used.
Upload a Total House entry here
Judging and Awards
Judges will grade all entries in each category on a scale of one through ten based on client goals, challenges, solutions and overall impression of the project. The judging forms will be collected and tabulated by a third-party HBA out of state.
All of our awards are presented at one great event: The BIG Night in October.
All who enter are encouraged to attend the BIG Night, Thursday, October 26th at Mystic Lake. You'll be able to accept your award along side all of our other big winners, in front of the entire BATC membership. The Remodeler of the Year will also be presented at the BIG Night. We may also request additional photos for our publicity efforts.
Remodelers: encourage your Associate Partners to enter the Trillium Awards!