This award honors emerging leaders. Rising Stars are at the beginning of their career, and will exemplify leadership qualities and show a dedication to activities which build industry relationships and promote professional development. The Rising Star will be awarded to one or more individual(s) representing excellence as a builder, a remodeler, or an associate.
Deadline extended to July 13, 2018
- The candidate must be an employee of a BATC-Housing First Minnesota member company.
- The candidate must be nominated by a BATC-Housing First Minnesota Member other than himself or herself (please feel free to ask your supervisor or mentor to nominate you!)
- Nominees for this award must have less than 5 years of experience in the residential home building industry and/or be age 35 years or younger
There is no entry fee to nominate an individual for the Rising Star Award.
Late materials will disqualify the nominee from the competition.
July 6 Rising Star nomination deadline
August 3 Rising Star materials due from nominee
Participation points earned from:
- Participation at BATC-Housing First Minnesota events in past 12 months, including Leadership Institute (1 pt per)
- As a committee member, including BATC-Housing First Minnesota Committees and BATC-Housing First Minnesota Foundation Committees (2 pt per)
- As chair or vice chair of committee (3 pt per)
- The top 3-5 will be finalists selected based on upon points.
Judges will review involvement in the industry with a particular focus on participation and impact within BATC-Housing First Minnesota. The judging panel will look at the nominees’ involvement and leadership roles within BATC and the industry. The finalists will be reviewed by a panel and the recipient selected.
The award recipients will be determined by a panel of BATC-Housing First Minnesota member judges, which will include BATC-Housing First Minnesota’s past ‘of the year’ recipients, the previous Rising Star winners and the previous year’s chair of the Young Professionals Committee. (May be subject to change.)
Steps to Nominate:
1. Nominate an individual on or before July 6, 2018 at batcawards.com
2. Nominees will be emailed on or before July 13, 2018 with additional instructions. Date changed due to deadline extension. Additional instructions will be emailed on or before July 20, 2018. Submissions will still be due August 3, 2018.
3. Nominee submission materials are due August 3, 2018.
Supporting Materials Submitted by Nominee (Due August 3)
Years in the Industry*
Years with current company*
Please provide a bio describing your service to the residential home building industry.*
Please describe what you are doing to contribute to and progress (advance) the residential home building industry.*
Please indicate any additional awards or honors you have received.*
Please describe why you think you deserve to be honored as the Rising Star Award recipient?*
Check all that apply
Committee/Special Interest Group/Board Involvement (within the last year)
Artisan Home Tour Committee
Awards Task Force
BIG Night Committee
Board of Directors
Builders & Remodelers Show (BRS) Committee Communications Committee
Education & Workforce Committee
Housing Affordability Institute
Large Volume Builders Committee
MN Green Path Committee
Parade of HomesSM Committee
Regulatory Affairs Committee
Small Volume Builders Committee
Young Professionals Committee
Clay Shoot Task Force
Golf Task Force
Member Bash Task Force
Member Buck Auction Task Force
Committee Vice Chair
Foundation: Board of Directors
Foundation: Dream Home Selection Committee
Foundation: Gala Planning Committee
Foundation: Project Committee
Events Attended (since 7/31/17)
Foundation: Golf Open
The BIG Night
Member Buck Auction
Launch Party & Board Induction
Builders & Remodelers Show (BRS)
Housing Day at the Capitol
Foundation: Hearts in Housing Gala
Housing Day at the Fair
Other Participation (since 7/31/17)
Kickstart (Member Orientation)
Reggie Award Judge
EPA Lead Renovator Refresher Course
Contractor University Courses
Letters of Recommendation:
Please upload your letters of recommendation
Letter of Recommendation by Supervisor or Mentor
BATC-Housing First Minnesota Member Letter of Recommendation (up to 3 member letters allowed)
All of our awards are presented at one great event: The BIG Night in October
All who enter are encouraged to attend the BIG Night, Thursday, October 25th at Mystic Lake Center. You'll be able to accept your award alongside all of our other big winners, in front of the entire BATC-Housing First Minnesota membership. The Builder of the Year will also be presented at the BIG Night. We may also request additional photos for our publicity efforts.
Back to Awards