New Home Construction: From Permit Application to Final Inspection
Earn CE Credits – 365 days a year – 24/7!
$98 Member / $112 Non-member
This online learning class allows you to earn your CE credit at your convenience without leaving your home! This seven-hour online course focuses on the construction process for a single-family home in Minnesota under the provisions of the 2015 Minnesota Residential Code and 2015 Minnesota Energy Code.
- Recognize the Minnesota State Residential Code elements related to this course
- Identify what is needed when digging and pouring foundation walls
- Identify protection against decay in foundation walls
- Recognize the insulation requirements to interior and exterior walls
- Identify the requirements for floor, wall and roof framing
- Recognize safety requirements
- Identify the final steps in residential construction and applying for the Certificate of Occupancy
Already registered? Click here to enter your online class.
BATC-Housing First Minnesota Members and Non-Members are welcome to register for this course!
If you are having problems registering or accessing your course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tom Gavaras at 651.697.7592.
How to Register:
Instructions for BATC-Housing First Minnesota Members:
1. Sign into your BATC account.
2. Click here to locate the Online Course.
3. Click on the "Course Catalog" tab, then click "Buy Now"
4. Click "Checkout" then fill out your billing and payment information.
5. Confirm your information is correct, then click "Complete Order"
6. Click on the "My Learning" tab and then "Launch" to start the course.
Instructions for Non-members:
1. Click here to create a free Learner Profile.
2. Fill out the registration information.
3. Upon completion, there will be a link to the Contractor University website on the Thank You page.
4. Click "Buy Now"
5. Click "Checkout" then fill out your billing and payment information.
6. Confirm your information is correct, then click "Complete Order"
7. Click on the "My Learning" tab and then "Launch" to start the course.